Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sarah Smiles

I have recently finished my first official custom order.  I have been waiting to post pictures until I had some good shots of the people with the dolls.  I still don't have the pics, but since we all know I tend to be impatient (and if we didn't all know, we do now), here are the dolls minus their owners.  It was my privilege to turn my friend and coworker, Sarah, and her husband into little cloth dolls (not in the creepy sinister movie kind of a way).  It took a second try to get her glasses just right, and he kind of looks like a tourist Chuck Norris with glasses, but all in all, I'm pretty pleased.


Sarah

Romeo (and Juliet) and sugar skull tattoos

Juliet (and Romeo)


Sunrise

Sunset

Matt

Crown and Cross

Camera 1


Camera 2

Film and camera

Sarah and Matt
And fantastically enough, the whole time I worked on Sarah's cloth dolls I had Sarah Smiles stuck in my head (don't judge, you know you secretly love Panic at the Disco too).




 The lovely miss Sarah just did a super fantastic feature of her dolls and their mad creator on her blog, La Vie Culturelle.  Check out the love here!

1 comment: